The World Agroforestry Centre’s East and Central Asia regional office (ICRAF ECA) is the region’s leading agroforestry research centre, aiming to improve livelihoods and environment by generating the science that underpins policy and agricultural methods. It is currently led by Prof Jianchu Xu.
We envision nothing less than rural transformation in our region – where smallholder households strategically increase the use of trees in agricultural landscapes and watersheds to improve their food security, nutrition, income, health, and energy sources while ensuring environmental sustainability.
Our mission, therefore, is to generate and disseminate knowledge about the diverse roles that trees play in agriculture and watersheds, in order to advance policies and practices that benefit the poor and the environment.
Under the guidance of the national project officer and ICRAF–ECA staff members, the administrative assistant ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of administration. The administrative assistant works in close collaboration with other program team, functional unit, and projects’ staff within Myanmar and In China to exchange information and ensure consistent and timely service delivery. The administrative assistant should provide secretarial and administrative support for office operation.
1. Provide administrative and communication services to ensure effective coordination and smooth implementation of activities of staffs and projects, such as:
· Travel preparation, such Travel Authorization/TA, tickets purchasing, travel insurance, accommodation arrangement, traveling expenses report/TER, etc.
· Purchasing, such as printing publication, stationery, etc. by conducting price survey in coordination with the national project officer and providing Purchase Requisition/PR
· Administer soft/hard copy files (purchasing, travel, reporting, agreements, correspondences, that have been done or shared)
· Assist staff in managing research related materials (survey equipment, biophysical measurement tools, mapping equipment, hard copy maps, software, plotter, etc.)
2. Support the secretarial and administration of meetings (internal and external), cross visits, seminar, training, workshop, etc. including:
· Prepare venue, list of invitation and confirming participants
· Assist in accommodation and travel arrangement of the participants
· Preparing the logistics
· Responsible in managing the budget event
· Taking notes (if required).he budget evaccommodation, etc..
· Update list of meeting
3. Assist in communication with partners to monitor and follow up agreement, financing, reporting, etc.
4. Assist in preparing any related report/document for the project, the annual workplan and budget, and proposals, including document translation, activity summaries, checking spelling and layout, and completeness of submission.
5. Assist in the project’s publication/dissemination, such as publication distribution, exhibition, layout (poster and leaflet), and formatting in coordination with Desktop Publisher Unit.
6. Confident in networking with local non-profits, organizations, environmental networks, etc. This includes information presentations, regular communications, field site visits, etc.
7. Assist in the preparation and submission of approved expense reports to Kunming office.
8. Ensure completeness of project files and documentations.
Minimum Bachelor degree in Management, Information Management, Communication or related discipline.
Fluent in English and Burmese
To apply, please send your CV and 2 references to P.E.Mortimer@cgiar.org