Background: Within the framework of the MRCS policies and procedures and in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement, the Branch Development Coordinator (reporting to the OD Director) will be responsible for implementing the Branch Development Programme.
Following the completion of the MRCS Strategic Planning process (MRCS SP 2016 – 2020) the national society has agreed that a community based approach will be its primary service delivery system. Critical to this success of this approach is the need to development of strong and sustainable State, Regional and Township branches
The successful candidate must work closely with the technical department including health and disaster management ensuring they provide clear input to the branch systems, structures and capacities to be developed
Primarily, the Branch Development Coordinator shall lead, coordinate, support and monitor the implementation of the Branch Development Program under the guidance of the Head of Organizational Development Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination and Cooperation
· Coordinate activities with special emphasis on the Branch Development Program.
· Promote coordination and cooperation among the branches/state/region and National Head Quarter.
· Develop appropriate Nation-wide work plans, programmes, funding strategies and funding proposals, if possible.(sustainability plan)
· Assist the Branches in learning from the experiences of other branches operating in similar contexts and link them to various knowledge sharing opportunities available within MRCS.
· Facilitate the participation of Branches in any Training of Trainers (TOT) provided by MRCS HQ or other organizations
· Guide Branches in scaling up their Red Cross services towards/with vulnerable communities through an effective and efficient volunteer management program.
· Provide support to resource generation projects of the Branches, if requested.
· Assist the Branches to produce Plan of Action that responds to the priority needs of the Branches and its vulnerable populations and monitor its implementation.
· Assist in the continuing assessment of pilot branches’ strengths and weaknesses and provide feedback/recommendations to the Director and other relevant MRCS officials.
· Conduct the Branch Capacity Assessment (BCA) and Branch Organizational Capacity assessment (BOCA) in branches including project/program township.
· Analyse the assessment of BCA and BOCA results.
· Collaborate with G1, 2IC to support branch development program and identified the core activities in line with Strategic Plan 2016-2020.
Youth and Volunteer Development
· Collaborate with G1’s and 2IC’s to support Branches in their youth and volunteer recruitment campaigns.
· Collaborate with G1’s and 2IC’s to encourage branches to increase volunteer and community participation in programs and services.
· Collaborate with G1’s and 2IC’sto facilitate and/or initiate youth/volunteer related activities at S/D level or branch level (e.g. inter-township exchange program)
· Collaborate with G1’s and 2IC to monitor increases/decreases in the number of volunteers in the S/D. Keep the master list of all volunteers within the S/D and report regularly to HQ.
Monitoring, Supervision and Reporting
· Ensure that branch development yearly POA approved by branch ECs.
· Conduct regular monitoring visits to pilot branches of the MRCS Branch Development Programme.
· Encourage and guide the BRANCHES responsible persons to produce regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports for S/D.
· Submit a regular consolidated monthly and quarterly Progress report to the MRCS OD division. These reports should include recommendations that will further contribute to the development of well functioning branches.
· Provide over-all supervision to programs/projects implemented in the pilot branches, in close coordination and cooperation with the responsible technical divisions at MRCS HQ.
Skills and Competences
· Myanmar National
· Experience in volunteer management and youth Development.
· Experience in programme management including in planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and budget control
· Able to monitor and evaluate the activities of targeted areas and create development plan and proper report
· Experience in facilitation of trainings and workshops
· Experience in Branch Capacity Assessment in branches
· BOCA training as possible as required
· Good proposal development and writing skills
· Ability to build excellent working relationships with internal and external partners
· Strong leadership skills and ability to work on own initiative and to solve problems
· Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation skills
· Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing)
· Fluently spoken and written Myanmar
· Good spoken and written English
· Red Cross Volunteers are preferable
Application process: Please send your application letter, CV, and related documents to;
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building,
Nay Pyi Taw. Kannar/Strand Road,
Or Email: email@example.com Botahtaung Township, Yangon.
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm .
Please mention "Position Title" in subject if you apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.