The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is a global standard for transparency and accountability in the oil, gas and mining industries. The aim of EITI is to improve openness and accountable management of revenues from natural resources so that they lead to growth and socio-economic development for a country and its citizens. Governments formally sign up to EITI and commit to work with companies and civil society to implement EITI in their country. EITI requires government to publicly disclose all relevant payments received from extractive industry companies, and at the same time companies are required to publicly disclose all relevant payments made to government. The EITI process is overseen and implemented by a tripartite multi-stakeholder group of government, companies and civil society that decides what the scope of EITI should be in their country. Myanmar was awarded candidate country status by the EITI Board in July 2014, and is in the process of submitting its second and third EITI Reports.
The National Coordination Secretariat (MEITI-NCS) supports the multi-stakeholder group of government, companies and civil society to ensure the coordination, administrative, technical, logistical and communication services in this process.
The Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring that MEITI meets its communication objectives as outlined in the Communications Strategy and Work Plan; including effective and timely communication among core EITI stakeholders, support to the MSG subcommittees, and regular updating to the public and media on MEITI’s work.
• Preparing for and facilitating MSG subcommittee meetings and sub-national meetings, including sending invitations and arranging for review, finalization and distribution of meeting minutes.
• Implementing the MEITI Communications and Strategy Plan
• Overseeing the development communications materials and organization of events
• Documentation of the EITI process, and management of the EITI Website and Library
• Networking with media organizations
• Overseeing the dissemination of EITI reports and materials
• Layout and design of MEITI communication materials
• Preparing for media briefing papers and media outreach for updates on MEITI’s workplan and ongoing processes
• Hold Master’s degree
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Myanmar
• Must have good interpersonal communication skills;
• Should be organized, systematic and dynamic and must interact well with others
• Ability to work with a team and to take initiative
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other communications software
• Knowledge and experience in EITI is an advantage but not mandatory
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 September 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for relevant tests and/or personal interviews.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and MEITI-NCS reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline of application