Purpose of this position: Within the framework of the MRCS policies and procedures and in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement the Finance Officer, under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, he/she will be responsible for the finance component of the MRCS, collaborate and coordinate with MRCS all departments.
· Check and valid quarterly and monthly working advance request with approved budget.
· Check and validate working advance requests, invoices and claim bills with monthly working advance approved before payments and submit to Deputy Director of Finance for approval.
· Prepare payment voucher and cheque after obtaining necessary approval with accurate NAV Coding to disburse.
· Assist and train project staffs to do proper recording and reporting of expenses in accordance with MRCS and Donor guidelines and filling of related documents.
· Check and valid working advance clearance report (including working advance clearance journal and supporting documents, cash & bank book, bank reconcile, cash counting, working advance register, reconciliation statement with HQ Account) from project township and HQ Department in accordance with MRCS financial regulation, financial guide line and donor requirement.
· Maintain cash book, general ledger and other financial records with NAV software.
· Prepare budgeting template for all sector wise and all activities with NAV software.
· Prepare monthly financial report (including receipt & payment statement, income statement, balance sheet, FAS and budget utilization) with NAV software and send to AmRC (American Red Cross) timely.
· Prepare working advance control register for HQ department and township and reconcile with relevant staff.
· Monitoring township bank balance and transfer cash to township when necessary.
· Maintain assets register for assets purchased by AmRC Fund.
· Arrange transfer to HQ and township staff salary.
· Maintain appropriate files electronics as well as hard copies of the project.
· Hand over all financial documents and records after completion of the project.
· Perform any task assigned by Director of finance.
· Myanmar National
· CPA or B Com/B Accounting (or) equivalent accounting degree
· Computer skill in MS Excel and accounting software is an asset
· At least 3 years professional experience in finance and accounting field
· Experience in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
· Ability to travel to programme sites
· Effective English Language skills
· Effective computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel)
· Understanding of, commitment to and willingness to actively promote, the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
· Red Cross Volunteers are preferable
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building,
Nay Pyi Taw. Kannar/Strand Road,
Or Email: email@example.com Botahtaung Township, Yangon.
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm.
Please mention "Position Title" in subject at cover letter and detail CV (not send certificates, degrees and other documents at this state) if you apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.