The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is a global standard for transparency and accountability in the oil, gas and mining industries. The aim of EITI is to improve openness and accountable management of revenues from natural resources so that they lead to growth and socio-economic development for a country and its citizens. Governments formally sign up to EITI and commit to work with companies and civil society to implement EITI in their country. EITI requires government to publicly disclose all relevant payments received from extractive industry companies, and at the same time companies are required to publicly disclose all relevant payments made to government. The EITI process is overseen and implemented by a tripartite multi-stakeholder group of government, companies and civil society that decides what the scope of EITI should be in their country. Myanmar was awarded candidate country status by the EITI Board in July 2014, and is in the process of submitting its second and third EITI Reports.
The National Coordination Secretariat (MEITI-NCS) supports the multi-stakeholder group of government, companies and civil society to ensure the coordination, administrative, technical, logistical and communication services in this process.
The Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that MEITI-NCS can operate smoothly and support the financial requirements of MOPF and the World Bank. This includes preparation of financial reports, accounting for all MEITI-NCS expenses, procurement, and financial forecasting.
• Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and financial transactions and reports
• Preparation of draft budgets, seeking approval from relevant authorities and ensuring compliance
• Processing all financial requests from implementing organizations, seeking approval from relevant authorities, distributing funds and reviewing and filing financial reports
• Managing MEITI petty cash and request budget in a timely manner
• Ensure financial reports are timely and in accordance with Donor regulations
• Accounting for all MEITI expenses
• Preparation and submission of financial reports to MOPF, MSG and World Bank as required
• Facilitating procurement process
• Monitor expenditures in line with approved budgets and highlight over/under spending to budget holder
• University Degree or Equivalent in Accounting or Business Administration
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience
• Fluent in Burmese and English (written and spoken)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Spread sheet and Word-processing programs
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• A commitment to transparency and honesty
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Proven team player and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural working environment with minimal supervision
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 September 2017.Only short-listed candidates will be invited for relevant tests and/or personal interviews.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and MEITI-NCS reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline of application.