Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. MRCS initial Salary determination will be calculated depending on applicant's competencies and experiences. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, On-Duty for Training, Provide Cost Living Allowance, Accommodation Allowance& Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
All around the world, spouses, siblings, parents and children have been torn apart due to armed conflict, situations of violence, natural and man-made disasters or migration (be it international or internal displacement) and are desperately searching for their lost relatives. The loss of a family member is a traumatic experience that can have serious physical psychological and financial repercussions on individuals.
Myanmar Red Cross Society provides a Restoring Family Links (RFL) Service that assists family members to restore contact with each other when they lost contact as a result of disaster, migration or armed conflict. The MRCS can facilitate the exchange of letters or phone calls and/or trace the person the family wants to contact. When needed, the MRCS RFL Service will provide basic psychological support to distressed family members. The MRCS works as part of the International Red Cross Red Crescent global tracing network that restores family links and facilitates the exchange of family news worldwide. In Myanmar, the MRCS RFL Division works currently jointly with the International Committee of the Red Cross to facilitate exchange of family news between detainees and their families.
Purpose of the Position: Within the framework of the MRCS policies and procedures, and in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, the RFL Officer will contribute to the implementation of the MRCS RFL Strategy. Under the supervision of the RFL coordinator and in compliance with the MRCS Finance Department procedures, (s)he will follow in particular the Training (facilitation of workshops) and Communication (development of communication materials) aspects to ensure that the MRCS RFL services can be provided efficiently both in normal times and in emergency times. Additionally, the RFL officer will support his colleagues for data management and supervision of the RFL volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Facilitation for trainings/ Workshop
§ plan and deliver RFL trainings/workshops/presentations, including development of training methodologies and materials
§ identifying training and development needs within RFL Department.
§ considering the costs of planned for trainings/Workshops and keeping within budgets
§ working in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in RFL Department.
§ Developing effective induction programmes for RFL Focal People.
§ Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with RFL Coordinator
§ Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met.
§ evaluating training and prepare volunteer development plan
§ amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
RFL Caseload and Operations
· To understand the RFL working procedures and ensure their implementation by staff/volunteers
· To train, or organize the registration of all new cases in a timely manner
· Enter data into forms and database in a methodical, accurate and timely manner.
· Observe standard confidentiality and data protection principles
· Undertake emergency deployments to the field as necessary during disasters
· To supervise and support volunteers to carry out their tasks.
· Support development of relevant IEC materials for RFL Department.
· Liaise with the Communication Department when needed(in particular for follow up on the upload of RFL related information on the MRCS website.
Finance Management and Reporting
· To coordinate with MRCS Finance Officer to undertake financial processes related to working advances, receipts, expenditures and ensure management of financial records for RFL activities under his/her supervision.
· Provide translation (written and oral) support for delegates, for case management, and for program documents
· To carry out any other duties as assigned by RFL Coordinator
· To take a higher acting responsibilities as necessary
· To uphold the Red Cross Movement’s Fundamental Principles/ RFL guidelines
· To commit and continue self-training and education (through E-Learning).
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
· Myanmar National
· University Degree in Social Work, Education, Administration or other relevant area
· Good command of English and Myanmar especially in translating, including written, spoken and typing(Mandatory)
· Experience in facilitation of trainings and workshops.
· Well developed computer skills, with demonstrated competence in Excel and Word (English and Myanmar)
· Experience in office management/ administration
· Experience supervising and supporting volunteers
· Experience of financial administration
· Experience in facilitation skills
· Well organised, efficient, with excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks, take initiative and problem solve
· Able to work well in a team and live in stressful situations
· Ability to travel anywhere at short notice
· A commitment to learn, open to change and willing to try new things
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Red Cross Volunteers are preferable.
Application process: Please send your application letter, CV, and related documents to;
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building,
Nay Pyi Taw. Kannar/Strand Road,
Or Email: email@example.com Botahtaung Township, Yangon.
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm.
Please mention "Position Title" in subject if you apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.