Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is volunteer basedhumanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. MRCS initial Salary determination will be calculated depending on applicant's competencies and experiences.Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, On-Duty for Training, Provide Cost Living Allowance, Accommodation Allowance& Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
Purpose of this position: Branch WASH officer will assist the Head of the Health Division, MRCS and Danish Red Cross, in all aspects of planning, management and implementation of a Danish Red Cross supported community health development programme. Under the direct supervision of Brach Project Officer, the branch WASH officer will work with selected targets community in implementation of WASH activities. He/She has to work closely with branch Red Cross volunteers. He/She has to report to MRCS HQ WASH officer and Branch Project Officer on monthly basis and as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Water Supply System Construction & Renovation & Water treatment solutions
· Facilitate and support community mobilization for development of water solutions (construction/ renovation/ water treatment) including WASH assessments, (RWCT, Well, water supply system, piping system, pond etc.) including selection of site, design, cost -effectiveness analysis, tendering, quality assurance and supervision of construction
· Support communities to identify and practice water treatment solutions
· Ensure DRR, gender and disability issues are taken into consideration for any water sources constructions or renovations
· Assist in the design preparation, construction and rehabilitation of water and sanitation facilities ensuring that the constructions are of the highest quality and as per original design.
· Prepare BOQs and monitor contractors undertaking WASH hardware construction
· Collect data and provide updated information on financial and administrative status of WASH activities of the project for analysis and report purposes.
Hygiene and Sanitation
Assessment, Monitoring, Supervision and Evaluation
Coordination & cooperation and networking
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
· University Degree or AGTI
Application process: Please send your application letter, CV, and related documents to;
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Yazathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, Kannar/Strand Road,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Please mention "Position Title" in subject if you apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted for a personal interview.